.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Personal Statement My Goals and Why Essay

This paper introduces you to my world. It explicates my professional goals, including why I am pursuing my bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). This paper addresses my current role as a registered nurse (RN) at St Marys hospital on the Neuro Trauma Intensive C atomic number 18 Unit (NTICU). I go stunned explain how I got where I am today. I result inform you of my d need of importance of rightfulness. I will express my importance of how morality take a role in my life and how Fowler (2010) broadened my grounds of ethics.Lastly, I will cover why professional writing and chat is so cardinal to the profession of nursing. Keywords Bachelor of Science in Nursing, registered nurse, neuro trauma intensive fear unit Personal Statement My Goals and Why I Am move My BSN My long term goal goes farther than just accruing my BSN. I potentially want to acquire my Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). I convey to slang achieved my BSN to apply for CRNA take aim. Regardle ss, if I planned on furthering my degree, I face a BSN in needed in my profession as a nurse.A BSN looses doorways to climbing the clinical ladder, more leadership roles, and increasing responsibilities. A nurses back is quick to wear out doing never- wind uping patient of c are, having a higher degree will give me more options in my career. I currently work at St. Marys hospital on the NTICU. I spend my nights assessing my critically ill patients, carrying out nursing care, communication with doctors and other nurses, and constantly using my critical thinking skills. New trauma patients I find most interesting. The adrenaline starts flowing and the fight and passage response takes over.Often in these moments I surprise myself-importance. The copeledge horded in the back of my brain and life saving skills take over. This makes for an awarding and self gratifying night. Not all traumas end the way we intend them to. We are often reminded we are non the ones in totally control . I beget it away my job and my current position but eventually I will have to move on. I graduated from St. Marys School of Nursing in December 2011. Previously I was enlisted in the coupled States Army. I served four years as a combat medic. I left for the army right out of high school.This decision was base on the fact I was living on my own and did not have any guidance in my life and knew this decision would posture me off in the right direction. Not only did my enlistment open my eyes to the medical field but I also recognizeed my determine which I have displayed thru my life. The seven core values I was plan were as follows loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage. I would not be where I am today without the army in my life. This capture was the molding of who I am today. My service to the army instilled my beliefs, morals, and ethics.Integrity and ethics play a valuable in my everyday life at home and at work. Integrity to me is to do what is right and expected of me, legally and morally. To understand integrity I had to understand my own beliefs and morals. The code of ethics for nurses is the professions public expression of those values, duties, and commitments (Fowler 2010). To uphold integrity and ethics to my work seat I have be familiar with hospital policies, code of conduct, and my screen background of practice. I have to educate myself on changes, make sure my certifications are up to date, and constantly continue my education.I have learned thru my experience as I strengthen these qualities I acquired more trust from others and have more trust in myself. Professional writing and communication is so important to the profession of nursing because in my profession it is used in many ways, unclear communication leaves room for error and all treatment is carried out by communication. As a nurse I exceed to coworkers, doctors, patients, and family members. I receive orders from doctors written a nd verbally, it is important I understand on the dot what he is ordering.Written medical orders have their own universal regulation to leave room for minimal mistakes. Verbal orders should be wrote down and read back to the mendelevium. Along with receiving orders as a nurse I am the physician eyes, ears, and brain when they are not around. I have to be able to pick up on changes, new data, and intervene appropriately. I have to paint a clear and concise picture for the physician so that treatment kitty be done. I also transmit with the patient and family so that I have a clear understanding of what treatment my patient does or does not want.In my communication with the patient and family a lot of times I have to step out of the medical profession and explain things in different terms, so that they can develop a clear understanding. Communication with my coworkers is in a clear, respectful, and constant manner. I always keep my coworkers involved in patients as wholesome as wh ere I stand on finishing my tasks, so that I may be of help to others. I am beginning my voyage to acquire my BSN and tackle my lifelong goals. I hope to by the end of this journey become a CRNA.With my understanding of the importance of integrity and ethics in my profession, and the promise to carry them out I should not have any problems meeting my goal. I have an understanding for the importance of communication as well and will continue to practice it as well. Overall, I want to continue to better myself and my knowledge in all aspects and know that if I apply myself thru this course and other I will gain exactly that. Reference Fowler, M. D. M. (2010). Guide to the code of ethics for nurses. (p. xiii). Siliver Spring, MD American Nurses Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment